Sunday, October 5, 2008

the secret to a long life

We stopped at the farmers' market on Saturday before work. Leaves were dropping to the ground.
On Sunday afternoon a snowstorm reached west from the mountains into the city. After the storm, our east-side yard was covered in more than a dusting of snow while water dripped from the roof and the trees, still shedding their leaves.

the piggies are migrating

Jon and I fly out Monday night, in time to miss this early winter and catch the early autumn mountain biking in Utah, Arizona and who knows where else. I thought about a song by Michelle Shocked that has followed me for years. It fits many occasions.

While we're away, I'll do a few postings, but I can't promise much. I have a stack of books to read and miles of trail to explore. I may not set aside much time to write. Plus, there's no wifi where we're camping...

Hopefully Kitty will be happy with the housesitters - the other night she sprawled over both their laps. I think that's a good sign.

1 comment:

Tapia said...

Of course you like Michelle Shocked! I hope you both have a wonderful trip and get in a lot of warm days to tide you through the Winter. Chau!