Tuesday, February 5, 2008

cabin fever

With temperatures of 20 below and colder, I haven't been very inspired to commute to work lately. But today I was off work. The sun was out and by early afternoon it hit above 6. Errands done, I decided I just didn't want to stay off the bike any longer. I just had to get out there.

I found some chemical footbeds I could put in my shoes, bundled up, put warm water in my bottle and took off for the park. The sunlight reflecting on the snow drew me to the airstrip where the multiuse trail skirts the west side of the airstrip. It seems like months since I pedaled in the sun and actually felt some warmth.


The trails were hard-packed and fast & I had them mostly to myself. It was good to finally get back out there on the bike. And, based on the shadow, 6 more weeks of winter.

No comments: